Friday, May 11, 2018

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Chugging Along...

Hi, all!

It's Friday again!  Where did the week go?  Well, wherever it went, you know what Friday means - it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's get started!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Most of my week was taken up with a quilting marathon, because we have 25 quilts that have to be finished by the end of May, and our quilting machine at church is "feeling poorly".  That means that I had to fire up Jolene for a marathon of quilting!  So here's what I've done so far this week...






So that's eight quilts so far - and I expect to get five more done by this coming Monday!  Thankfully, others will be doing the binding this time!


And remember the turtle blocks from last week?  Well, I finished all of them, and added the blue top and bottom strips that make the blocks square.  This is what they'll look like with the gingham sashing!


I also made all the blocks for a mega giant disappearing nine-patch quilt (it will be one of the 25 quilts needed by the end of May, because for some reason I can't find the 25th quilt top we had stashed away!)  This will probably get sewn together sometime today...


And last but not least, I finally made a decision on a special project, and found this great fabric for it!  Score!!!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Holy cow Sarah you had a very productive week-I need a nap all ready just reading it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sew girl! That's a lot of quilts. Love those turtles with the red gingham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sarah! I am so impressed by all that you have accomplished this week. Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of progress! Can't wait to see that secret project. Those dinosaurs are adorable. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a veritable quilting machine yourself Sarah. Congratulations on a successful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had a very productive week! Good for you :) And I love how your "whoop whoop" dancers match your new fabric ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have been busy. Should I try to guess what else you have accomplished besides sewing/quilting? I wont ask because I am certain your answer will match my week too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your hard work looks really good! Accomplishment is such a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...that is a lot of quilts to make by the end of the month. I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you've been busy!! And still a few to go :) You can do it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a marathon is right! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many quilts! You always amaze me with such quality and quantity. I am still working on WIPs and UFOs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!